- Ice skating is one of the most popular winter pastimes with friends! I highly recommend trying the ice skating rink at the Hotel Del in Coronado for a one-of-a-kind holiday experience! Also, don’t forget to try the unforgettable hot chocolate sold on the hotel grounds. You won’t regret it!
- Christmastime is the perfect time of year to give back to your community! There are numerous opportunities to serve the less fortunate during the holiday season, such as serving meals at Urban Angels or feeding the homeless with Journey Community Church on Friday nights!
- An exciting event not to be missed is December Nights at Balboa Park! By attending this festive gathering, you will have the incredible opportunity to witness choir and caroling performances at the Organ Pavilion and enjoy international cuisine at the food fair!
- Try baking a festive and delicious Christmas treat together with some friends or family!
- Gift giving is one of most the beloved traditions! Whether it costs tons of money or is something small and handmade, giving a heartfelt gift to a loved one will make their Christmas season even more special!
- Go and admire the Christmas lights with some fun friends! Neighborhoods like Christmas Circle go all out with Christmas spirit and decorating their houses all out to capture the excitement of the holidays!
- Host a Christmas movie marathon and enjoy some of your favorite holiday flicks! Whether with a group of friends or even by yourself, watching some classic Christmas films like Elf or The Santa Claus or The Holiday is sure to make your season extra festive!
- Decorate your home to show the Christmas spirit! By adding festive touches to your living space like the essential Christmas tree, wreaths, and anything that reflects the special holiday season, you can spice up your house and create a more spirited environment!
- Catch up with some family members or old friends over a warm beverage, preferably a mug of homemade hot chocolate!
By: Maddie Fossler